Welcome 2018 with an Updated Home that’s Perfect for NEW Beginnings and a Lifetime of Memories!
The best way to personalize your space and give it a fresh, polished vibe is to make upgrades, big or small, that let your personality shine. Whether you’re ready to undertake a major remodeling project or only have the budget for a few modern touches, these renovation ideas are a great place to start.
1) Make Your Kitchen Colorful. Gone is the popularity of a white, monochromatic kitchen. More homeowners are embracing bold accent colors on their countertops, backsplashes and cabinets, from vivid yellow and burnt orange to chic turquoise and dignified navy.
2) Upgrade Your Storage Space. Finding enough room to store seasonal decorations, filing papers, hardware tools, keepsake items, cleaning products and office supplies is a common struggle of homeownership. Luckily, there are a number of creative and resourceful hacks for increasing the amount of storage without reconfiguring your entire space.
3) Give Your Walls More Texture. Textured walls is a fun way to infuse character into any room, whether you’re into exposed brick, wooden shiplap, geometric molding or smooth tile. Walls are a blank canvas for experimentation, so harness your inner designer and play around with different materials or wallpapers that mimic the feel of those materials.
4) Re-Do the Garage Flooring. The garage has become an extension of a home’s living space that should be both aesthetic and functional. To take your garage to the next level, and turn it into a space you actually enjoy being in, start with the boring concrete floor—replace it with an epoxy coating.
5) Make the Space Your Own. A house is an expression of the people who live inside, so give your new home a splash of personality in the New Year. You’ll feel great about the space and excited to show it off to your friends and family.